- Fatigue: Low energy levels even with 8-10 hours of sleep
- Brain Fog: Trouble concentrating and finishing tasks
- Memory loss: Forgetting things that you never forgot before this experience
- Frustration: Anger and moodiness over simple complications
- Sleep Problems: Can’t go to sleep or STAY asleep – common to wake up at 3-4 am for 45 minutes then go back to sleep
- Emotional Instability: Feeling OK then bursting into tears unexpectedly
- Depression: Suffering from the symptoms above can lead to depression
The Diagnosis: Acute Stress Induced Adrenal Fatigue
Your adrenal glands secrete hormones and neurotransmitters that help us deal with stress. When we are subjected to an overwhelming or unrelenting stressful situation, the glands can “fatigue” and we will experience the symptoms mentioned above. A take-home saliva test can measure Cortisol, DHEA, Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, Dihydrotestosterone and Melatonin levels. Adrenal Fatigue can cause an imbalance in all of these.
Once the specific imbalances are identified, we can supplement with prohormones and nutraceuticals to help bring the body back into balance and help support and heal the adrenal glands.
Many in our area are rebuilding their homes. With the proper diagnosis and personalized therapy, we can help you rebuild your health!